Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trust is Not As Easy As One Would Hope


I took this picture sitting at a light in a town near Orlando.
I am always amazed by God's creation. The sun rays of color in this picture take my breath away.
The clouds, the colors, they wow me like nothing man can paint or sing or write.
I love this picture right down to the frost on the inside of my car windshield- it reminds me of the closeness of God even though His finger brushes an amazing skyscape over a grungy city street.

I'm learning to trust this massive God.
I'm learning to step each day into the lighted page of this part of my journey.
All too often I fight negative thoughts of worthlessness, insecurity and the overall thought that I do not matter to those around me or even to the God of this universe.
But I'm reminded to believe the truth and shut out the lies.
I'm learning to trust.
I'm learning to look to the One who helps me, who protects me and never sleeps or forgets what step on the page I am on. Psalm 121 helps my brain with this

On to other things... Steve had the chance to head to NH for a few days. While I missed him tremendously I also loved it!
I loved that he got to spend time with his mom and step-dad, see friends and other family and just relax from his day to day grind of being a small business owner.
I also enjoyed a quiet room when I laid my head down and just the aloneness that comes with a spouse being gone.

But he's home now,and he brought Village pizza with him so all is well in this place called home.

In other news I cleaned up the floor area in front of my washer and dryer. Not a small feat because it just seems to be the holding spot for all things lost.

This week I am thinking of participating in a Tackle it Tuesday project and going to tackle the clean up and out my sewing areas. Thinking of some major changes in this part of my life-- and with my extreme brain that sways from getting rid of it all to having it take over the dining room..... guess you'll have to wait for an update on that later this week.

May you have a happy day today, may your perspective be on the Creator of the Universe and may you not only see God work in those around you but may you be Jesus to those around you.

Peace out-

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I LOVE Village Pizza-when I read your words my mouth started watering...we get it every time we go home. Made me smile.

Shasta said...

So jealous of the pizza! How does he manage to get it home without either eating it or tipping the box so it's a mess?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...