Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Fun Happens After 9pm

Feeding kids.
It seems to be what I do.
I can't help it, most of the time when they show up I just can't help heading to the kitchen and start pulling things out.
One of the biggest complaints of my family however, is the food I make for my Wednesday night girls.
They don't mind the leftovers from dinner that night that I take,
no they prefer to not eat leftovers anyway.
What they don't like is the hidden stash of sweets and treats in my bedroom or wore yet the baked goodness I often make. Yes my family really dislikes those nights because they get to smell the yummy goodness and then just hope some leftovers make it home for them.

This last week was one of those weeks. I had fun baking a heart shaped cake filled with strawberries and blueberries.
My layer of fruits wasn't nearly plentiful enough.
But it sure was tasty.
Not sure why these pics are sideways but I have got to get ready for work so time is valuable right now so I will leave it as it is, just turn your head please.

On Wednesday the girls enjoyed the taco bake for dinner and then the cake to satisfy their sweet tooths.
Our small group time is not nearly long enough, 30 minutes is all we get this year and by the time we get going into a conversation it's time for them to go; except most nights a few girls stay behind and secretly I like that time the best. I find there's more honesty, more conversation and more fun!
Now I am off to get ready for work and my brain is turning about what snack to bake this week.
Cupcakes?
Magic cookie bars?
Homemade chocolate?
or something new?
OK now I'm hungry, do you have any homemade snack ideas for me?

3 comments:

sarahsmile said...

I have an idea. Whatever you make, just make two batches of :)

American in Bath said...

Do you want to come and cook for me? I'll even let you have my room.

Missy said...

I just cooked a pumpkin and am trying to figure out what to make with it. Maybe bread or muffins? I'll let you know if I come up with something good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...