Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Saturday, June 02, 2007

A Thought I Had

This is a story of two families I know.
One has 3 boys- ages 20, 17, 13
the other girls- ages 17 and 12.
They make the same money each week and they are both good stewards with it.
The family with girls has saved more than the family with boys.

Here's why:
Boys are eating machines!
Yes girls can eat, I am one and I remember my eating prime around age 15/16, but it does not compare to the appetite of a growing boy.

Boys are eating machines. Who else eats a pizza for a snack or 2 sandwiches, a sleeve of crackers, a banana, a pan of brownies and 3 glasses of milk for lunch and then says "I'm hungry" 15 minutes later? A Boy does.

So my friends with the girls have hair ribbons and shoes and make-up and girly things to buy; my friends with the boys have been feeding eating machines for the last 20 years!
Just an observation.

-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...