Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, March 24, 2014

Hi There Blog World

I've missed blogging and writing and sharing.
When I started this blog my boys were not toddlers and I had some free time to grab now and then each day; but now I have a very needy toddler and when she naps blogging is far down on the priority list.

I have been living without my kitchen, master bedroom and master bath for over a month now.
Until last night I've been fine with it.
But the dishes.
The dishes.
I have to do my dishes in a bathroom sink with not much counter space.
So while I have enjoyed my small,simple make-shift kitchen it is my sink I miss!
I am excited for when my kitchen is actually complete, not only will I have the dreM kitchen I never thought I'd have this side of heaven but I am also on my way to simpler living.
I have purged.
A small kitchen means less
And less is more.

In other news we received our adoption packet for Aubry, still months away but one step closer to a finalized adoption.

I've had such peace lately.
Life changes in the last 6-9 months have really given me freedom and a new confidence.
I had a few good people in my life that needed to be removed
I miss them but sometimes good, even great people can be toxic.
For me that was the case,
I had somehow lost and given up on some dreams,
Stepping away removed a scab and allowed Jesus to be the healing balm the sore needed.

He really is all we need.
A recent series of events reminded me that "the LORD will fight for me, I need only be still"
Still I sat.
Still I walked.
Still my mind remained, stilly focused on Jesus, listening to His Spirit in me.
Allowing the LORD to fight for me.
To fight for my children, oh how hard it is to be still on behalf of our babies.
With these events out of my reach and control wind to a close I have not only survived but thrived.
Thrived because I sat still and allowed God.
Thrived because the LORD in deed fought for me and the battle left no scars for this battle was not mine to fight beyond my knees.

So if life is tough right now.
Stop.
Be still.
Be still in your words, your actions and your thoughts.
Allow the LORD to fight for you, your family, your children.

Until next time may peace rule in your heart,
Love be your go-to response
And Jesus be Lord of your life,


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Just one simple powerful word... AMEN!

Doris said...

Love your line "even great people can be toxic." Hard truths lead to tough but right decisions. So glad to hear from your heart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...