Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Thoughts Fading Away


So life has been happening.
Between Justin heading out on a mission trip, running our own business, living with a 21 month old and organzing a local kids club last week we've been busy.
The Florida heat seems to be hotter than usual this year.
I've had the chance to make my first commisioned and paid for pallet sign and have several more in the line-up. Not sure where that is taking me but I sure do enjoy making those signs.

I've also still been making an effort to slim down my life.
Tossing out tons of items, from clothes to kitchen stuff, furniture and decor.
The more I get rid of the more I want to get rid of.
Yet, somehow I seem to be an over endulged American.

I've also been sliming down on the time I spend away from my home; somehow in this 20 year marriage journey my love for all things home has slipped.
I don't enjoy the things at home I use to enjoy.
I think it's two-fold;

Time. 
I've spent a whole lot of years here at home and in the first 10 years of our marriage we moved a lot- 7 times to be exact;
and now we've been still for right over 10 years. Same place.
Same floor plan.
Same walls.

Second, influences.
Not necessarily on purpose but certain people, groups and to some extent the world around me says "do more", "be more", "go more".
I've found myself falling into a works based mentality.

I'm working on changing all that.
Slowly.
It's a process as life is.
So far... this slower life is working out nicely; well of course except the negative thoughts I've been sharing with myself, but that's another blog post and that's an issue covered in prayer so I'm standing on the promise that those negative thoughts will be fading away.

So the internet is back in our house
and I'm liking it.

May you consider a simpler day to day.
Or may you not.

Until then


peace, love and Jesus,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...