Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, July 13, 2012

313

I wish I had time to write.
But I don't.
Packing and preparing for my upcoming mission trip to inner-city Detroit.
This is my 5 trip.
My heart aches to leave my family, how I love them.
How my heart aches for the ones in Detroit, how I love them.


I am most excited to see my friend Lisa.
We met 3 years ago at Big A (vacation Bible school)
We text throughout the year.
I can't wait to see her again.
She and I share a love for books.


I paced back and forth at the bookstore last night trying to decide what book to buy her.
She likes "drama" books, I want to buy her Amish books.
She'll read anything,
my heart breaks that her bookshelves are not overflowing,
but how much more do I desire her to have God's love overflowing.


I left with three books and a journal.


So I must run.
I really should pack.
Really,
I should,
I leave tomorrow...
early in the morning;
chances are I'll need to do some laundry.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Have a great time Michelle...it sounds like it will be a great time to grow:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...