Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, August 22, 2011

Text to the Boys


Just a quick note.
The boys went back to school today, Vaughan is a senior and Justin a sophomore- where has the time gone?

I wonder if a school year will ever go by when I will think I've done the right thing- whether it be home school or public school I find myself doubting my decision- every year.

It seems like no matter how much prayer and prep goes into my children I always doubt myself. I am still in awe that I am a parent.
I guess living with me, in my head I know what a mess I am.

In the end I just want the best for my kids. I don't want them to make the same mistakes I made- heck I really don't want them to make mistakes at all.

But they have and they will.

And really when it comes down to it, I know that it has been through my mistakes that I have learned.
That each mess up pushes me to rely on my Savior Jesus Christ.
Perhaps that's why I screw up a lot, to be reminded that Jesus is all I need.
Perhaps that's why I doubt my parenting ability, to eventually come around to the knowledge that Jesus is all they need.

So to my sons on their first day of the 2011-2012 school year I say to you
"May you see Jesus in those around you,
may you look for opportunity to BE Jesus to the world near you
and most of all may you hear and obey that still small voice of the Holy Spirit in you."

Of course you both know these words because I texted them to you today,
then again maybe you didn't even read the text because I didn't hear back from either one of you; but perhaps when you're 40 you'll decide to read this crazy blog that you've spent the last 6 years of your lives trying to avoid.

All this to say I lift up my dreams, expectations and aspirations of my children to You of Lord, the Creator of Heaven and Earth- they are Your children and I thank You for the opportunity to spend these few short years with them.

1 comment:

SVS said...

The voice of an angel...always pouring out her heart to those she loves--her Lord, her family, and her friends--to which I say bravo and thank you. I love this about you--your voice/your blog...the tone, the feeling, the candid self-exposure that stands in stark contrast to the CGI world in which we live. Keep it up...that is the living, the loving, and of course the blogging! Love Always-

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...