Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Naming

I started this blog in early 2006 then had a crazy time sometime later and deleted all the entries. I started again and think I'll stick with it this time around.

Thus far with God came when I had to pick a url for this darn blog thing. I wanted a name that would stick and had some meaning to it.

Looking back over my life so far, the one thing that stood out was how much God has aided in my survival.

A teen parent, married to a high schooler, Air Force wife, college drop-out (twice) and homeschooling mother with 7 addresses in her first 10 years of marriage- the details of my life equal one big mess.

I am a collector of rocks from every place we've lived and been and since in Old Testament times rock monuments were often set up to remember what God had done I couldn't help but grab "Thus Far" from 1 Samuel 7:12.

Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12 (NIV)

I don't know much about tomorrow but I do know that "Thus far the Lord has helped us."


-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...