Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Focus

I seem to lack focus.

I had some time to send in my garden recently. It has been weeks since I've been out there so I spent my time weeding.
It never ceases to amaze me how the weeds that grow in various places in my garden look so similar to the "good" plant it is growing next to. I mean in the same garden bed the weeds growing near the oregano plant look like oregano and the weeds growing near the bell peppers look like pepper plants.

Made me think of my own life and the weeds that grow up, the things that begin to take over my time and heart from God. The things that grow up and look "good" when in reality they are not.

When a garden gets overgrown the first thing to do is simply focus on getting the weeds out. With several raised beds in my yard I bounced around wondering where to begin. Then I focused on one bed and one task: weeding. This one task can make a HUGE difference.
Just like my raised bed of life. Focus is good.
Focus on time in God's Word.
Focus on the reality of the goodness of my life.
Focus on the truth of God being with me, for me and beside me.
When I focus on these things it seems to weed out the junk. I find it easier to trust and believe, easier to walk by faith; when I focus on Christ the inside of my head just seems a little neater, just like my garden after a good weeding.

Peace and love,
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...