Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

On Believing God

God has been so good lately. About 6 months ago my husband Steve comes home from his job, where he is a part owner in a construction company on the beach here in Florida, and tells me he's praying about opening a yard shop in our town. By yard shop I mean bulk mulch, rock, soil, pine bark, pine straw... To make a long story short we opened our shop, Sticks and Stones, Landscape Products two months ago on a piece of property just .5 miles from our home!

So far it's been great. Steve works more set hours and can still make AWANA and Boy Scouts with the boys. Everyday but Thursday Early Bird finishes his schoolwork and bikes down to the property to help dad. He gets paid $0.25 for every bag of mulch he bags. I can also slip down and hold down the fort for them if both Steve and his partner have to be out on a delivery. Most mornings I slip him down breakfast and have coffee with him, I think starting tomorrow I'll bring a daily devotional for us to read together.

That's the other side to this story, faith. We truly believe God that this is what we are to be doing. Actually for me it's more of a trusting God through Steve. The funny thing is I'm not trusting Steve at all, instead I'm trusting God and ya know what? trusting Steve is easy- cause it's not him but God who's in control. God is the Alpha and Omega and I know what He's done for us in the past so I have hope for the future! "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12b.

When we opened shop we put everything we had into it. There have been unexpected costs and we've gone through our savings... but the best part is that God has been providing for us like crazy!! Our food bill is on a serious diet- and twice this week, and it's only Tuesday, someone else has cooked our dinner. Monday night my small group at church came over for our quarterly monthly dinner at my house and viola! not only dinner but lunch today for 2 and my dinner tonight. Then today out of the blue one of the ladies from my Monday night study brought me over the fixin's for spaghetti w/garlic bread and 2 -$10 coupons for food. Humbling but I'd do the same 'cause that's what friends do.

We covet your prayers as we are choosing to believe God. We have a desire to be debt-free in the next 10-13 years so we can serve God in some way more part time or full time, if that would be His will. After all our boys will be out of the house and we'll be 40 and 41 years old. So this business has the potential to be very profitable and help us reach our goal. In the meantime we offer the following skills for hire:
tutoring, handyman work, work at
home business opportunity partnering with Melaleuca: the Wellness Company, and will be holding a yard sale!
(hehehe)

For any of you who have done Believing God study by Beth Moore- I've been wearing my bracelet since May 2006 and cling to these truths and the scripture that supports them:

God is who He says He Is

God can do what He says He can do

I am who God says I am

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

God's Word is alive and active in me

I'm Believing God!

-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...