Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, April 28, 2008

Greek Easter, the English Version

Greek Easter can be summed up in just four words.
I won the egg.
Yep it's been 16 years in the making and this year I said with confidence that I was gonna win!! Wondering what the egg game is, go here for a good explanation.


The winner is said to have good luck or "blessings" throughout the year! I'm so excited about this, you have no idea- 16 years, I've been waiting 16 years to win the egg!! I have been singing all day today!
And now the pictures:


the lamb


Aunt Olga (first generation American) and Yiayia



Aunt Olga and I



Justin and his friend. Aunt Olga said she liked their music very much. It was Guns and Roses, they had just found Steve's old CD's, and those of you over 30 know that CD's are to my kids what records were to us!


Vaughan got yelled at by Yiayia within 5 minutes of being at the house. He got caught eating spanakopita before it was time to eat. This is a big "no no" in Yiayia's kitchen.


Hanging out before we ate.


I like to call this picture "Me and 2 hotties."

Uncle Chuck

J

My winning egg had to go on tour and since my sister-in-laws weren't there to take pictures I had to take them! So here goes: my victory egg tour 2008

with cousin Steve

with yiayia

With the second place (still a loser) egg.


What is Greek Easter without this:

~Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...